What is the offer about?
By system-of-systems we mean that different independent systems work together to create better effects than individual systems can do. The aim of the collaboration is to better manage the challenges in the urban transport systems, such as transport efficiency , quality, environmental impact, safety and resource utilization.
The project awarded grant under this call for proposal have to:
- Examine one or more specific transport needs in cities.
- Evaluate what the effects can be if new solutions based on system-of-systems are introduced for these needs.
- Be based on collaboration in a system-of-system, and thus involving several relevant stakeholders.
- Consider changes in human behaviour that may be a prerequisite for, or effect of, the proposed solutions.
Furthermore, the project should address at least one of the knowledge challenges within system-of-systems for urban mobility that have been identified in the programme description that has been developed.
Who are we targeting?
This offer is aimed at groups of actors who represent different stakeholders linked to a transport need that they want to solve. Examples of actors are:
- Vehicle manufacturers and their suppliers
- Transport and logistics companies
- Road administrators and public authority
- Infrastructure owners
- Service Developers
- Property owners
- Universities and research institutes
- Civic groups
Note that this list is not complete, the projects may also include other types of actors depending on the nature of the transport needs and the solution.