What does a mission-oriented approach mean?
A mission-oriented approach is about changing entire systems. This requires an interdisciplinary perspective and commitment from actors at all levels. It is about breaking silos and letting actors who otherwise do not meet discuss problems and solutions. The purpose is for everyone to work in the same direction with a common objective in focus.
This characterizes a mission-oriented approach:
- Co-creation to understand and take on the challenge
- A mix of top-down and bottom-up
- Handles goal conflicts to meet complex societal challenges
- A common collection of forces with a bold objective
- Coordinated by actors with different roles in the system