Real steps towards a circular and bio-based economy
Vinnova offers funding to research organizations, companies, public and non-profit organizations that have identified a concrete case, such as a value chain, a flow or a thematic area where there are good opportunities to take real steps towards developing solutions that are circular.
In order for industry and society to change, new thinking and development are required on several fronts. Changing from linear to circular and breaking links between economic growth and environmental degradation requires new solutions and innovations. Circular flows that retain value added in products and its components are deemed to have particular potential to contribute with economic and environmental benefits.
This proposal is divided into two stages. This offer is the first stage and of the character preliminary study. Granted preliminary studies will be invited to submit an application to stage 2 in the spring of 2019.
Does the offer fit your project?
Are you a research organization, a company, a public or non-profit organization and have a plan for how to systematically promote innovations in the area? Then you can apply for funding from us. Vinnova finances innovative project proposals whose long-term goals are expected to contribute to one or more of the goals of the call:
- Improve global resource efficiency in consumption and production.
- Contribute to economic growth without negative environmental impact.
- Reduce the amount of waste by increasing products and services that are based on sustainable remanufacturing, new manufacturing and recycling.
- Strengthen economic, ecological and socially sustainable extraction and production.
- Sustainable business models that are in line with other industries, nationally and internationally.
- Policy, instruments, regulations, standards, procurement methods that promote sustainable products and services based on circular flows.
- Increased knowledge of the circular and bio-based economy of the final consumer.
- Sweden is a pioneer in the transition to a circular and bio-based economy in an international context.
The project is a preliminary study and its run in collaboration with relevant actors. Examples of activities can be needs analyzes, deepen the understanding of structural factors, carry out simple tests and design a plan for solutions that will be developed and tested in a future full scale project. In other words, the preliminary study will evaluate and analyze the conditions (for example opportunities and risks) in order to successfully complete stage 2.