Your browser doesn't support javascript. This means that the content or functionality of our website will be limited or unavailable. If you need more information about Vinnova, please contact us.

Automated gardening of herbs and vegetables for offices and public environments

Reference number
Coordinator Sustainable Innovation of Scandinavia AB - DoSpace - Mjärdevi Science Park
Funding from Vinnova SEK 300 000
Project duration May 2018 - January 2019
Status Completed
Venture Innovative Startups

Purpose and goal

The major purpose was to realize the huge potential we had identified. By producing a physical prototype the plan was to concretize the interest and transform it to signed customers. It feels really good today to state that the result is very equal to our initial plans. The fact that we now have a physical prototype to showcase has helped us show potential customers that we are a serious company - which is not the easiest thing to achieve when you are a small startup without much history to point at. The goals have been achieved very well.

Expected effects and result

In the project plan we wrote that the expected result would be a finished prototype and expected effects to shift focus to upscaling of production. The result in this section is also very similar to the project plan, we have a prototype, has contretized the customer interests and are now ready to go to production as planned. Now we can focus on production upscaling, we have built up relations with partners who are optimal for small series (20-30 units) - and now our next phase awaits; to scale up the production (enable 100+ units per series) so that we can achieve long-term growth in the company.

Planned approach and implementation

The plan was to build a prototype and test, validate and CE label the product. Parallel work with business modeling for a first series. We have followed the plan very well, finished all sub-activities except the CE labeling (which is started and under control). Regarding time aspects we were a bit too optimistic - we underestimated the lead time for deliveries to our prototype, and for that reason we moved the project end date to January 2019. Besides that, this project has been performed almost entirely according to plan - and we also built up a great ecosystem for small-scale production.

External links

The project description has been provided by the project members themselves and the text has not been looked at by our editors.

Last updated 8 January 2019

Reference number 2018-00981

Page statistics