Small and medium-sized companies make up a significant part of the Swedish business community in terms of the number of companies and the number of employees.
As part of our mission, Vinnova wants to strengthen the innovation capacity of small and medium-sized companies and promote their competitiveness, attractiveness and long-term perspective.
We do this by funding activities that are capable of promoting economic development and contributing to a sustainable society. This can be done partly as a return on the investment we make with public funds and partly by the fact that sustainability opens up new opportunities and can lead to increased attractiveness, increased investments and increased profits.
Since gender equality is an important part of sustainability, we also want to see that our funding benefit both women and men, and that our investments lead to a more diversified and more equal business and society.
With the call "Innovation projects in small and medium-sized companies" we want to achieve this:
- Create or improve the conditions for SMEs to strengthen their competitiveness, both nationally and internationally. We do this by investing in project that are clearly different from ordinary development of the company's existing products, services or processes.
- Create or improve the conditions for SMEs to strengthen their long-term competitiveness and attractiveness. We do this by investing in the development of sustainable innovations, ie new products, services and processes that contribute to meeting one or some of the goals of sustainable development in Agenda 2030.
- Reduce the risk of small and medium-sized enterprises who want to start and operate the project in development stages where other funding is difficult to get.
- Give companies the opportunity to develop new knowledge and develop other unique assets.
- Strive for a diversified and equal business and social development that makes Sweden an international example. Read more about our work for equal innovation (only in Swedish).
The goals for sustainable development offer great opportunities for the business community to develop their businesses. As global demand for sustainable products, services and infrastructure increases, integrating a sustainable perspective into its activities a strong success activities. More and more companies have realized how their work with the global goals can act as a lever for increased growth and competitiveness.
For example, there are companies that actively and consciously work on power and norm-critical by including a variety of perspectives in their activities and their business. They thus contribute to objective 9: Sustainable industry, innovations and infrastructure, and objective 10: Reduced inequality.