What is the offer about?
Every year, KDT JU has two different calls, RIA (Research and Innovation Action) and IA (Innovation Action)). Both are of a bottom-up nature in line with the current Strategiska Reasearch Agendan for ECS (Electronic Components and Systems).
There will also be announcements with special focus areas (Focus topics) with a dedicated budget.
that's how it goes
The application process takes place in several steps as described below. The content of the project proposals is evaluated by international experts and in parallel, Vinnova evaluates the participating Swedish organizations against Vinnova's national rules.
- First, the entire international consortium submits a complete proposal to Key Digital Technologies JU. Proposal is assessed by international experts.
- In connection with the international evaluation of the complete proposal, Vinnova also conducts a review of the Swedish consortium with regard to the national rules. If this is not met, individual project participants or all Swedish participants can be denied funding from Vinnova.
- Then a ranking of the projects is made based on the technical evaluation and the priorities of the participating countries. Based on this ranking, decisions are then made within Key Digital Technologies JU, where Vinnova is part of Abbot project on which projects will receive funding.
- The Swedish consortium that is part of a project application selected for funding within Key Digital Technologies JU must submit to Vinnova a joint proposal with a national project description according to separate instructions.
For companies as participants, the following applies when submitting a proposal to KDT JU:
- A company must be a limited company registered in Sweden.
- Companies must have a place of business in Sweden.
- Activities in the project must be carried out in the Swedish operations and project costs must be attributable to the site's activities.
- Companies must be registered for employer contributions.
- Companies must have at least two registered annual reports with the Swedish Companies Registration Office.
- The most recently registered annual report must have net sales or equity that corresponds to half of the searchable amount at KDT JU and Vinnova.
- Companies must have at least SEK 1 million in net sales according to the latest annual report. Net sales do not include public funding from, for example, Vinnova or the EU.
- Companies must have at least three full-time employees.
For Key Digital Technologies JU, costs in the budget and reporting to Vinnova must be harmonized with financing rules for Horisont Europa. This means that Vinnova and Key Digital Technologies JU expect the same level of cost budget and level when reporting for each Swedish project participant. This means, among other things, that it is Horisont Europa's rules that apply to the calculation of indirect costs (overhead) in the national budget and when reporting to Vinnova.
Observera Vinnovas's national rules and special conditions for participation in KDT JU (links below), otherwise it applies to Vinnova's general terms and conditions for funding.
Link to Vinnova's special conditions KDT JU Calls 2022
Link to Vinnova's national rules - Sweden National rules JU KDT 2022
The maximum funding from Vinnova for a project is equivalent to € 2,000,000. The European Commission finances at the corresponding level.
The maximum funding from Vinnova for a single large company, university / university college and research institute is equivalent to € 1,000,000.
The maximum funding from Vinnova for small and medium-sized companies is equivalent to € 500,000.
To encourage more Swedish companies and organizations to be coordinator in Key Digital Technologies JU, it is possible to apply for support from Vinnova. It is possible to apply for up to SEK 500,000 in funding to be a coordinator during the work on the international proposal for Calls 2022. Proposal must have at least 3 Swedish project partners, of which at least one company and a maximum of 80% of eligible costs can be financed.
For information about the application process, contact Adela Saavedra Granholm and Lars Gustafsson. See contact information further down the page.