What is the offer about?
With this the offer, we want to support international collaborative projects with actors along the entire value chain for electronic components and systems for the sustainable digital transformation. The projects can concern systems of systems, embedded software, electronic components and modules as well as system integration, in relation to the long-term vision that is shaped by three main factors technology, applications and policy in ECS SRIA. The solutions can be intended to be applied within, for example, mobility, energy, industrial digitalisation, health, food production and society's digitalisation. The call for proposals is made within the framework of the Eureka cluster Xecs, an international innovation cluster with a focus on innovative electronic components and systems.
In order to receive funding, the results must be relevant to the sustainable digital transformation and the competitiveness of Swedish business. Expected results of the projects are, for example, prototypes and demonstrators of interest to potential partners or customers on an international market. A successful proposal for national funding for Vinnova normally requires participation from both large companies, SMEs and academia/research institutes. At least one company with a Swedish place of business must participate.
It is also possible to upload and share project ideas in the ECS collaboration tool. See more info under the heading links below.
What are Xecs?
Xecs is an innovation cluster within the Eureka network with a focus on innovative electronic components and systems. The cluster is part of the Eureka network where generic technologies with great importance for the sustainable digital transformation and European competitiveness are developed.
All project within the Eureka cluster are public-private partnerships with broad industrial participation, aiming to promote research or encourage and contribute to standardization processes.
The multi-step application process
- The application process to Xecs takes place in several steps as below.
Find cooperation partners and form an international consortium. There are opportunities for this at, for example , matchmaking event, ECS collaboration tool, and other events that Xecs and Vinnova organize to specifically promote networking and idea sharing.
- Send an outline of the project application (PO – project outline) to Xecs.
- Xecs and Vinnova assess the project sketch and if it is of sufficiently high quality, you are offered to submit a full project proposal (FPP - full project proposal) to Xecs.
- Send a full project proposal (FPP - full project proposal) to Xecs.
- Xecs and Vinnova evaluate the complete project applications. The applications that are approved receive a so-called Eureka label. This means that the national consortia are offered the opportunity to submit national applications to the respective country's funding public authority.
- The Swedish consortium is offered to submit a national proposal to Vinnova. Selected Swedish consortia are interviewed at Vinnova.
- Based on the international (FPP) and national (Vinnova) applications as well as a project interview, Vinnova makes a final assessment of whether the Swedish consortium receives funding or not. Note that proposal for Swedish funding may be rejected even though the cluster project has a valid Eureka label and has been invited to an interview at Vinnova. Please note that you may not start the project until proposal has been submitted and approved.
- Vinnova makes a decision to grant or reject proposal. It is required that the project starts with at least two participating organizations from two different countries and that the project has had its official kick-off. Xecs and Vinnova would like to ensure that the project starts within 12 months after the international consortium has received the Eureka label.
Proposal are made on Xec's website. Feel free to contact Vinnova and Xecs to discuss your project proposal (PO or FPP) and your project budget before submitting your proposal.