What is the offer about?
With this the offer, we want to support international collaborative projects with actors along the entire value chain for a sustainable industry with a focus on energy and resource utilization, from production to installation, from use and maintenance to disposal or recycling for a digital and green transition.
The projects can involve collection and analysis of large amounts of data, high-performance computing power with less energy consumption, research and development towards more sustainable software for electronic components, system solutions for sustainable information and communication technology, integrated product and process development, predictive maintenance, and continuous traceability of sustainability indicators for the entire product life cycle.
Possible areas of technology and application - examples
- Digital twins for sustainable production
- ICT architecture, platforms and standards for industry and logistics 4.0
- Secure and integrated sensor communication systems
- Technology that supports the balance of sustainable energy extraction, consumption, and storage
- Sustainable, smart, connected industry
- Components, systems, and architectures for distributed intelligence and low-energy data transmission
In order to receive funding, the results must be relevant to the sustainable digital transformation and the competitiveness of Swedish business and industry. Expected results of the projects are, for example, prototypes and demonstrators of interest to potential customers in an international market. A successful proposal for national funding requires participation from both larger companies, SMEs and academia / research institutes. At least one company with a Swedish place of business must participate.
Eureka Clusters Sustainability Call 2022 offers support during consortium construction and organizes, among other things, a networking event on March 23, 2022. See more info under the heading links below.
What are Eureka clusters?
Eureka clusters are thematic funding aim at promoting international cooperation and strengthening European competitiveness. Eureka clusters have been initiated by European industry and focus on the needs of industry and business. The clusters are run by the actors together.
All project within the Eureka cluster are public-private partnerships with broad industrial participation, which aim to promote research or encourage standardization processes.
The application process in several steps
This is how the application process for the Eureka cluster joint call for proposals 2022 goes to:
Sustainable industry takes place in several steps as below.
- Find partners and form an international consortium, for example at the program's Brokerage area or network day, 23 March 2022.
- Create an account on the program's project area and send an outline on the project application (PO - project outline) to Eureka Clusters Programme · Project area (eureka-clusters.eu)
- Eureka Clusters Sustainability Call 2022 and Vinnova assess the project sketch and if it is of sufficiently high quality, you are offered to submit a complete project application (FPP - full project proposal) to Eureka Clusters Sustainability Call 2022
- Send a full project proposal (FPP) to Eureka Clusters Sustainability Call 2022 New applications, which were not preceded by a PO, are also welcome.
- Eureka Clusters Sustainability Call 2022 and Vinnova are evaluating the complete project applications. The applications that are approved receive a so-called Eureka label. This means that the national consortia are offered the opportunity to submit national applications to each country's funding public authority.
- The Swedish consortium is offered to submit a national proposal to Vinnova. Selected Swedish consortia are interviewed at Vinnova.
- Based on the international (FPP) and the national (Vinnova) application as well as a project interview, Vinnova makes a final assessment of whether the Swedish consortium receives funding or not. Note that the proposal for Swedish funding may be rejected despite the cluster project having a valid Eureka label and being invited for an interview at Vinnova.
- Vinnova decides to grant or reject proposal. It is required that the project starts with at least two participating organizations from at least two different countries and that the project has had its official kick-off. The project will start within 12 months after the international consortium has received the Eureka label.
Proposal takes place on the Eureka Clusters Sustainability Call 2022 website. Please contact Vinnova and Eureka Clusters Sustainability Call 2022 to discuss your project proposal (PO or FPP) and your project budget before submitting your proposal.