In the spring of 2023, the government commissioned Vinnova to increase efforts within the research and innovation program Advanced digitalisation. Up to and including 2027, Vinnova will invest at least SEK 2.3 billion in project that contribute to developing powerful digital solutions in Sweden that give Swedish industry a leading role in the world.
The funding in the project that are granted must be matched by the business world, which as a rule will enter with the same amount funding as Vinnova. With this reinforcement, Advanced digitalisation becomes one of Sweden's largest innovation programs. The program has been initiated by Vinnova, Teknikföretagen, ABB, Ericsson and Saab and will gradually be broadened with more actors.
Our well-being, security and competitiveness depend on us succeeding in restructuring society within the limits of the planet and in a socially sustainable and safe way.
Starting in June 2023, a series of exciting calls for proposals are offered in everything from advanced artificial intelligence to deeptech and gender equality in industry. The investments in 2023 will have a total budget of SEK 1.4 billion, of which almost half is financed by Vinnova.
In addition, international investments and collaborations are strengthened, for example within the EU's framework program for research and innovation - Horisont Europa and the international program for market-close industrial innovation projects - Eureka cluster. Special efforts in learning in industry are also strengthened, such as Cybercampus Sverige, a hub for education, research and innovation in cyber security, which has received increased funding.
- Our welfare, safety and competitiveness depend on us succeeding in restructuring society within the limits of the planet and in a socially sustainable and safe way. A Swedish industry in a leading position is crucial for that success, and in order to be at the forefront, we must invest in competence, infrastructure and in the research and experimental activities required to find the solutions. We already have more than 90 project underway within Advanced digitalisation which together have a turnover of one billion kroner and we are very much looking forward to working with this important shift phase together, says Darja Isaksson director general at Vinnova.
The calls for proposals within Advanced digitalisation are made within technology areas prioritized by the program. They are aimed at actors who, in cooperation, can contribute to developing advanced system solutions and the abilities required to benefit from them - and thereby strengthen the international competitiveness of Swedish industry. It is about research and innovation in emerging key technologies and system solutions, but also about project in competence provision, learning and experience exchanges that increase the industry's ability to benefit from technological development. As a rule, Vinnova's funding in the granted projects must be co-financed with equal sums from the business community.
Government assignment to increase efforts within the innovation and research program Advanced digitalisation - Regeringen.se
Current calls for proposals within Advanced digitalisation
Keep an eye out here, or subscribe to our newsletter further down the page to get up-to-date information on all offers.
- Cyber security for advanced industrial digitalisation
- AI for Advanced digitalisation
- Acceleration of deeptech companies 2023
- Product pass for advanced digitalisation
- Data-driven labs for advanced digitalisation
- New tools and methods for gender equality in digital technology development
- Green and digital transformation for sustainable freight transport
- Ongoing call for proposals - Advanced innovative digitalisation
Learn more about the program
You have chosen to disallow certain cookies and funtions on our website, such as registering for newsletters. You can change your privacy settings at any time to allow these functions and get a better experience.