Sweden innovation days January 17-20 is Sweden's largest global digital innovation event. The conference brings together actors from around the world to share best practices and experiences with the aim of creating collaborations with a focus on global goals.
Regina Summer, Chief Strategy Officer International Collaboration at Vinnova, explains why Sweden needs global innovation collaborations and what we want this event to lead to.
- We want other countries to choose Sweden as an attractive innovation country to cooperate with. We must dare to be brave and brag about it if we are to compete. That is why both national and global collaborations are needed.
- When other countries think of international cooperation, we want them to think of Sweden. We want to be top of mind. Show why they should choose us.
Regina Summer is the Chief Strategy Officer International Collaboration at Vinnova and responsible for Sweden innovations days - Sweden's largest global innovation event.
By offering actors an international arena for disseminating information, exchanging knowledge and meeting international partners, the conference will facilitate the creation of new innovation and business collaborations.
- Sweden innovation days is a brilliant opportunity to step forward, take the stage and have the opportunity to become a partner in a global innovation work. Whether you are a startup, business, working in the public sector, civil society, academia or a state public authority. The event will offer actors an international arena for disseminating information, exchanging knowledge and meeting international partners to strengthen the Swedish the actors abroad, says Regina.
The conference is completely digital and a collaboration between Vinnova, Ignite Sweden, AI Sweden and the Swedish Energy Agency. Sweden innovation days this time coincides with the world exhibition's theme week for Global goals in Dubai as the global sustainability goals will be extra relevant.
When other countries think of international collaborations, we want them to think of Sweden. We want to be top of mind. Show why they should choose us.
The theme and main message of this year's conference is "We need to innovate how we innovate to reach the global goals."
What does it really mean?
- We need to work across sector boundaries towards common objective and involve and include more broadly in order to have a real effect and significant results.
- All parts of society must be involved in the innovation work. To create innovation that can affect the global goals, we must have a very broad participation. This is what we mean by the concepts of system innovation and mission-oriented work - and which we will explain during Sweden innovation days. Everyone in society can contribute to achieving the global goals. We need to work broadly and in a common direction with our global societal challenges.
Under Sweden innovation days, companies and organizations can take the opportunity to create or deepen contacts and at the same time listen to national and international experts on sustainability and innovation. The conference will spread knowledge about the Swedish innovation ecosystem and offer actors to exchange experiences and meet new partners and deepen relationships.
- I see Sweden innovation days as an important part of a chain of events that are necessary for global innovation collaborations to happen. An ongoing work - a link in a chain, says Regina Summer.
What do Sweden innovation days mean to you personally?
It means a lot to me - to have been involved in creating this global platform where Swedish actors can show how awesome they are - abroad. I think that's a cool feeling. From the heart
We need to innovate how we innovate
Sweden innovation days has four theme days 17-20 January with the main message "We need to innovate how we innovate".
- Missions to achieve the global goals
- Preventive health and wellbeing
- Co-creation for innovation
- Climate neutral cities