The European Innovation Council (EIC) aim to identify and support
cutting-edge technology and innovations with the potential to scale up
internationally and become a market leader.
The European Innovation Council has three main funding systems that can be used to bridge the gap between idea and project worth investing in. These are:
- EIC Pathfinder (for advanced research on cutting-edge technology)
- EIC Transition (to transform research results into innovation opportunities)
- EIC Accelerator (for individual companies to develop and scale up breakthrough innovations with high risk and high impact)
- 13.00–13.15 Introduction and background to the European Innovation Council, Fredrik Hörstedt, Vinnova
- 13.15–14.00 Pathfinder: early projects with fantastic opportunities. Pathfinder is aimed at those who have a vision of a future technology with a fantastic market that can make a difference in our lives.
Please note that this session will be held in English.
- 5 min pause
- 14.05–14.50 Transition: early project results that can lead to groundbreaking innovations and new businesses. Transition is based on project results from previous EIC Pathfinder, FET or ERC Proof of Concept project.
- 10 min pause
- 15.00–16.30 Accelerator: for companies (mainly small and medium-sized enterprises, including start-ups) to scale up innovations with high impact and with the potential to create new markets or revolutionize existing ones.
The meeting will be held in Swedish (except for the session on Pathfinder) and will be webcast on this page.