What is the offer about?
The call refers to graduate and post-doc project in an industrial research with the following desired effects.
- Strengthened competitiveness through research results - new basic knowledge enables the development of resource efficiency in the processes of the bio-based industry, and increases the pace of innovation in the transition to a circular bioeconomy
- Skills supply through education and rejuvenation - new researchers become available for employment in industry and new supervisors and research leaders provide opportunities for rejuvenation in the academy
- Deeper personal competence networks at all levels - partly between industry and academia and partly between industries
The call covers various applications and technologies, from individual process steps to integrated processes, from raw material to finished product and recycling. It also includes efficient raw material use and knowledge of the behavior of the raw material in industrial processes.
The call refers to industrial process technologies for bio-based bulk materials in liquid form or mixtures of liquid and solid phase where production naturally takes place continuously or in batches.
The project will address issues in one or more of the following areas:
- Chemical processes for bio-based bio-raw material
- Selective and efficient separation processes
- Catalysis and synthesis for bio-based chemical products
- Fiber modification and fiber characterization in integrated processes
- Characterization and modeling of material and sheet forming
- Process control and process characterization for increased resource efficiency
BioInnovation has established a coordination project with which the applicant doctoral / postdoctoral project will collaborate during the application phase. In this way, it is ensured that approved project create a functioning whole with a common academic environment and broad industrial benefits.