The renewal of markets, industries and societies is driven and developed by competing innovative ideas and initiatives from companies, innovators and entrepreneurs. The development takes place under uncertainty about what will succeed and only a few will be successful. The uncertainty and risks that entrepreneurs, innovators and start-ups take by daring to test new technologies, business models and products/services in new innovative ways are important engines in the renewal of markets, industries and societies. Even if the projects would not lead to the results hoped for, the lessons learned by the individuals are valuable as these individuals often start new innovative projects project. Programmet Innovativa Startups is one of several initiatives within the framework of Vinnova's activities which, among other things, intend to contribute to a more experimental economy.
In the Innovativa Startups program, Vinnova wants to support young, innovative and equal companies that, with the help of our funding, validate, verify and develop their business and the solution the business is based on. The goal is to create conditions for companies to develop their operations in phases where other funding is difficult to obtain.
In the short term, through this call for proposals within Innovativa Startups, we want to contribute to:
- increased ability of young companies to build business by interacting with market, verifying and validating offers and business models
- increased awareness among young companies to work with sustainability and gender equality as competitive factors in their business
In the long term, through this call for proposals, we want to contribute to:
- more companies that have developed their business acumen, grow and are profitable in international competition
- more companies whose innovation contributes to creating value for the customer, society and the environment
- a sustainable and equal business that strengthens Sweden's competitiveness through innovations that contribute to the sustainability goals in Agenda 2030