Process optimization of Tribotextil
|Funding from Vinnova||SEK 300 000|
|Project duration||March 2017 - January 2018|
|Call||Innovativa startups fas 1 Våren 2017|
Purpose and goal
The product Tribotextil replaces lubricants for deep drawing and stretch forming of sheet metal and the goal of the project was to develop the product to meet customer needs, have a well-developed fiber structure and manufacturing process. A product close to commercialization. The process optimization of the product was based on the previously manufactured prototype. The product needed process optimization regarding fiber composition and manufacturing process to achieve optimal properties and even quality. The objectives of the project have been met.
Expected results and effects
Compared to the previously manufactured prototype of Tribotextil, we chose another production technique in the project, which gave a better product, with better performance and more even quality. Together with the producer, we gained increased knowledge of the process parameters that control and affect the manufacturing process by making it possible to vary the parameters on-line during process trials. We expected to see differences in fiber properties from the two manufacturers, as we did. The newer fiber on the market proved to be harder to process and yielded a inferior product.
Planned approach and implementation
We tested production facilities at two manufacturers, where the second producer had previously processed this type of fiber and had both the skills and a more suitable production facility. We purchased fiber from two different manufacturers to identify the different process parameters and how they affected the end product through in-depth collaboration with the selected manufacturer and practical tests. The process optimization of Tribotextil project represents an important step towards a quality-assured commercial product. However, further development is still needed.