What can you apply for funding for?
You can seek funding to develop products and services for an international market, solve an industrial challenge or develop new standards or standardization processes.
EUREKA has several clusters with different orientations. Sweden participates in four of them:
- CELTIC-NEXT: Cluster focusing on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in networks and cloud services, such as digital security, artificial intelligence, 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), smart cities or eHealth.
Contact at Vinnova: Sanja Sain Strömberg
- ITEA3: Cluster focusing on research and development of innovative software intensive systems and services.
Contact at Vinnova: Fredrik Weisner
- EURIPIDES2: Cluster focusing on smart electronic systems and relevant technologies, such as micro- and nano systems, integration from components to system, industrialization and manufacturability of systems.
Contact at Vinnova: Andreas Aurelius and Frédéric Pillot.
- SMART: Cluster focusing on advanced manufacturing such as manufacturing processes, intelligent and adaptative manufacturing systems, digital, virtual and efficient companies, person-machine collaboration, sustainable manufacturing and customer-based manufacturing.
Contact at Vinnova: Tero Stjernstoft and Ida Langborg
Vinnova does finance projects within those four clusters only.
Who can apply?
Cluster projects are open for international collaboration between large and small companies, institutes and academies. Each cluster project must include at least two independent organizations from at least two countries. The Swedish consortium shall be industry-driven with a good balance between large companies, SMEs and academia / research institutes.
The work effort in time from the participating companies must be at least 60 percent of the Swedish consortium's total work effort. At least a Swedish SME must participate in the project. For SMEs, the individual company must show that the following eligibility requirements are met when the Swedish proposal is submitted to Vinnova:
- The company must have at least SEK 1.0 million in net sales according to the latest annual report. Net sales do not include public grant from, for example, Vinnova or the EU.
- The company must have at least three full-time employees.
How large are our grants?
The following apply for the participating organizations:
- Small and medium-sized enterprises engaged in economic activities and covered by the EU's definition of an SME can be granted a grant with up to 50 percent of their eligible costs.
- Large companies can be granted a grant with up to 30 percent of their eligible costs.
- Universities and research institutes can be granted a grant with up to 100 percent of their eligible costs.
We finance a maximum of 50 percent of the eligible costs for the participating organizations.
How do we assess?
The call for proposals for EUREKA cluster projects take place in several steps, see figure below. Within the clusters, project calls are usually organized, in two steps, and these are published on the cluster's respective websites. The content of the project proposals is first evaluated at the international level by the respective EUREKA clusters. Then, the applications are processed and evaluated at national level.