Sweden's success factors in the development of biological drugs
Biological drugs are a rapidly growing field. Not least, digitalisation opens up great opportunities. Thanks to important investments, Sweden is in the lead as the area continues to develop.
You will meet important actors from, among others, the government's Life Science-kontor, companies, research and financiers. They share their perspectives and talk in a panel discussion on how Sweden can take advantage of important success factors and continue to be involved in leading development. There will be room to ask questions and contribute thoughts in the discussion.
Moderator: Karin Aase, Vinnova
9.00-9.45 Introduction to the Biological Medicines program and the Swedish Life Science-strategin
- Background and status of Life Science-strategin, Jenni Nordborg, Government Offices
- Summary of results so far in the program Biological drugs, Mats Jarekrans, Vinnova
- About the program and related activities:
Madeleine Durbeej-Hjalt, Swedish Research Council
Lars Hammarström, Vinnova
9.55-10.45 Future opportunities with biological drugs
- Future opportunities with biological drugs, Mathias Uhlén, KTH
- AstraZeneca's view of the program, the field of biological drugs and the future, Anna Sandström, AstraZeneca
- Industrifonden's view of and work with research and innovation on biological drugs, Bita Sehat, Industrifonden
10.55-11.25 Panel Discussion
During breaks and after the seminar is the opportunity to explore digital print by ongoing project within the program Biologics.
The seminars are arranged within the framework of Vinnova's programme Biological Medicines
The program has over the years 2016-2019 made four calls that led to the funding of 30 project including three centers, with 270 million.