The related 2019-2020 Work Programme provides for a financial allocation of about 2 billion euros including a number of already existing instruments and some novelties that will anticipate the Horizon Europe 2021-2027 Programming. In particular the EIC Pathfinder pilot (FET Open and FET Proactive) will support ambitious collaborative research projects aiming at developing radical and innovative technologies. The EIC Accelerator pilot (SME Instrument) will be dedicated to companies and start-ups with a radically new highly risky, and thus, non-bankable idea underpinned by a business plan for rolling out marketable innovation solutions and with a potential to scale up.
This EIC Roadshow in Sweden is promoted by the European Commission and organized in collaboration with the Swedish government offices, the Swedish Innovation Agency (Vinnova), the Swedish Research Council and the Agency for Economic and Regional Growth. It has the objective to present the operational details envisaged by the European Commission under the Enhanced EIC Pilot for 2019 and 2020. The event will be webcasted through the following link https://www.facebook.com/EUkommissionen.
- 12.00-12.30 Registration and light lunch
- 12.30-12.40 Welcome address by Head of the Representation, European Commission
Opening by representative from the Swedish Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation
- 12.40-12.50 Introduction to the Enhanced EIC pilot: The policy rationale for an EIC, by Nicolas Sabatier, DG RTD, Adviser to Director B: Open Innovation and Open Science
- 12.50-13.50EIC Pilot workshop: The enhanced EIC pilot in practice.
It will cover the practical elements of the enhanced pilot with special emphasis on the novelties (projects targeted, evaluation criteria, new templates, evaluation process, equity part, due diligence, etc.
- Ramona Samson, Deputy Head of Unit DG RTD, Unit B.3 Investments and SMEs
- Timo Hallantie, Head of Unit REA, Unit A.5 Fostering Novel ideas: FET-Open
- Dr. Fredrik Magnusson, Project Manager NanOsc AB, beneficiary of FET-Open project
- 13.50-14.30 Q&A discussion
- 14.30-15.00 Networking and coffee