Projects in which new lightweight solutions will be developed in cross-sectoral cooperation. The projects will generate new knowledge and competence, solutions, methods, and demonstrations with the aim to bring lightweight technology into industrial applications.
What is the offer about?
The strategic innovation program for Lightweight intends to finance projects that generates new cross-sectional knowledge. The projects will generate new solutions, methods, competence, and demonstrations with the aim to bring lightweight technology into industrial applications at a faster pace.
In the call, it is possible to apply for two different types of projects:
- Feasibility studies, with a maximum duration of 12 months, is aiming to develop new ideas to lightweight solutions. A project will examine the formation of cross-sectional co-operation within a specific area with the aim to execute a future research and innovation project.
- Research- and innovation projects will generate results that may be introduced in commercially driven industrial projects within five years after the end of the project. The maximum duration of a project is three years.
One of the overall goals of the program is that 75 percent of the lightweight solutions generated in the projects will be implemented. At least one of the following will be achieved and argued for in the application:
- at least a 20 percent reduction in cost and weight
- at least a 20 percent reduction in developing time and weight
- at least a 20 percent weight reduction by combining different materials
- at least a 20 percent weight reduction by improved product properties or innovative solutions.