Vinnova supports early-stage companies when other funding is hard to come by. We want to make it possible to create business opportunities and help companies to enhance their competitive ability.
Vinnova invest in companies that develop innovative goods, services or processes with potential competitive advantages. The Companies also need to have a clear commercial focus that can become competitive internationally. The funding must be crucial to the completion of their project.
Who can apply? Unlisted share companies and economic associations with up to 49 employees and annual sales under SEK 2m.
For what? We fund business modelling and the development of prototypes and demo versions.
How much? Funding is offered in two phases: In phase 1, a company can apply for up to SEK 300,000 and in phase 2 up to SEK 1m.
Innovation Projects in companies for 2017
Who can apply? Limited companies and economic associations with up to 249 employees
For what? Development projects that require self-funding (planning for and implementation of development projects)
How much? Up to SEK 2m in grants
- 100 00 SEK to initiate innovation development
- Three coordinators
- Hire consultants/university
- Business development or strategy for intangible assets
- Support through incubators
- Knowledge-intensive start-ups with international growth potential
- Business development, networks and skills for companies and projects through incubators
- Vinnova funds incubators so they can deliver the services
For companies with their own R&I that want
to collaborate with at least one country
- Market-oriented R&I projects in all areas
- Coordinated by SMEs with their own R&I
- 50% funding for SMEs
- Projects up to 3 years
- About 30% grant approval rate
- Contact Vinnova or EUSMESupport for more information
Vinnova’s support office will help you with your application.
- Feasibility study, EUR 50,000 (phase 1)
- Innovation development and demonstration, EUR 0.5–2.5m (phase 2)
Recipient countries are entitled to free business coaching.
Extremely tough competition – international competitiveness a requirement.