International programmes and co-operation
VINNOVA's main international role is to actively build networks between different actors in Sweden and other countries and to promote Swedish participation in international research. The aim is to achieve consistency and synergy between national and international research and development.
VINNOVA is involved in the following international R&D programmes and cooperation agreements
Information and Communications Technology
- IMT Advanced and Beyond - a joint initiative on mobile communication research between Sweden and China.
- Sino-Swedish Advanced Materials Exchange Centre - a Chinese-Swedish material centre for cooperation.
- Sino-Swedish Strategic Cooperative Programme on Next Generation - a Chinese-Swedish cooperation programme for future wireless technologies.
- Biology, Diagnosis and Treatment of Tuberculosis - a cooperation programme between India and Sweden.
- Multidisciplinary BIO - a joint programme for Sweden and Japan in the biotechnology field. VINNOVA and the Foundation for Strategic Research are the Swedish participants.
- Structural Genomics Consortium - Research cooperation between Canada, UK and Sweden.
- SAFER - Vehicle and Traffic Safety Center - collaboration between Michigan and Sweden within the traffic safety field and ITS.
- ABDI-VINNOVA partnership - an agreement between Sweden and Brazil on economic, industrial and technological cooperation.
- BILAT SILK - a FP7-project to increase awareness in China about the European Union's research programmes, coordinated by VINNOVA.
- SAccess - a FP7-project to increase mobility of researchers between the European Union and South Africa.
- VINNOVA / JSPS Joint Projects - Support to scientific co-operation between Japanese and Swedish researchers.
- Swedish and Israeli collaboration on research and development